At a first glance, UPVC Stable Doors might appear just like any other composite or uPVC Door. But, on a closer look, you will find that this is an elegant yet highly functional door oozing quaint rural aesthetics and character. If you are looking for the benefits of a window with the added security of a door, UPVC Stable Doors might just be the right way to go for you. They are suitable in newer builds and period homes alike, amalgamating modern convenience with a historical flourish reminiscent of a bygone era.
What is actually a Stable Door?
A stable door is also known as a half-door or Dutch door. In sharp contrast to the traditional residential doors, UPVC Stable Doors are often engineered with four hinges as opposed to the traditional three.
The UPVC Stable Doors are divided horizontally through the middle, and therefore acts as a traditional door when locked. You should also note here that the bottom sash is securely fastened, so the homeowners can unlock and open the top half of the door. This unique feature allows the two halves of these doors to act in tandem and consequently, makes it ideal for allowing an influx of natural light and airflow.
Why UPVC Stable Doors?
There has been a resurgence in contemporary and period properties alike of UPVC Stable Doors. Installation of these stable doors come with several benefits in your home such as durability, improved ventilation, and aesthetics.
(1) Security and Ventilation: It is the unique, dual-opening operation of UPVC Stable Doors, that is ideal for maximizing ventilation within your property without compromising on safety. No matter what the season is, homeowners can uncouple their stable doors and open the top sash to allow fresh air and natural light into their interior living spaces. The bottom sash stays locked in place, which deters unwanted rodents and insects from your property while keeping your pets and child safe inside.
(2) Aesthetics: Besides the practical necessities of these doors like ventilation and durability, UPVC Stable Doors are also aesthetically elegant and needless to say the reminiscent of its rural origins. They are suitable as both an internal and external accessway, while also bringing a sense of countryside charm and character into both traditional and contemporary properties alike.
(3) Durability: In recent years, great strides have been made within the door and window industry. The outcome, now you can get stable doors both as UPVC Stable Doors and as composite stable doors. Both materials have a long lifespan, boast exceptional energy efficiency ratings, and requires very little maintenance.
Here’s why UPVC Windows in Northern Ireland are so popular
Looking for premium quality at affordable costs? UPVC Windows in Northern Ireland is your answer. These are rare architectural elements that offer energy-efficiency, high quality insulation, durability, and the best part is they have low maintenance requirements.
This is the main reason why many interior designers and architects are making a switch to uPVC fenestration solutions, especially for modern styles that stress form and function.
(1) Aesthetically Pleasing: UPVC Windows can lend your space a premium, space look. UPVC Windows in Northern Ireland are available in several types: sliding windows, twin-sash, side-hung etc. With these windows, you have the option of choosing a design that will go perfectly with your interiors and color schemes. What’s more? Unlike wooden windows, these UPVC Windows in Northern Ireland are not available in limited shapes and styles.
(2) Termite-Free: Unlike many window types, UPVC Windows in Northern Ireland are completely termite-free. Neither do they foster any insect. Also being synthetic, they are quite easy to clean.
(3) Low Maintenance: UPVC Windows in Northern Ireland can retain their strength and structure for a very long time. So, what stands out is that you don’t have to spend a fortune on their maintenance. UPVC, by virtue, is a low maintenance material and cleaning it is quite easy and quick. You just need to wet sponge it for a few minutes and your window will start shining brightly.
Moreover, UPVC Windows in Northern Ireland experience negligible wear and tear with regular use, and are also weather proof. Varnishing, sanding or repainting is not required with these windows.
(4) Great Insulation: UPVC Windows in Northern Ireland provide great insulation from dusts, pollen and scorching heat. Here you should note that unlike metals, uPVC is a non-conductor of heat, which means it does not absorb the heat thereby keeping your space cool and comfortable. Besides being excellent all-weather insulators, these windows provide insulation from external sound, thereby ensuring a noise-cancellation effect in your home.